Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:16:11 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Cesar Mello <cmello@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom Realport ethernet on FreeBSD 5.3

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 11:56:35PM -0300, Cesar Mello wrote:
> Guys, you really rule!
>
> I've build the OLDCARD kernel and my lan card started working
> perfectly! I'm delighted.

Excellent news.  Glad it was that easy to make it work :-)

You should probably know that OLDCARD will be removed from the 6.0 release,
so you will have to move to NEWCARD eventually.  Machines that only work
with OLDCARD - your 300CT and my Thinkpad 380, for instance - should be
working with NEWCARD by then, though.  Warner Losh is working on this and I
plan to put some time into it too, especially since my machine will stop
working without it :-)

> Thank you a lot for the help.

No problem.

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon