Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 2003 01:44:15 -0700
From:      David Schultz <das@freebsd.org>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: headsup: swap_pager.c

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20030801082336.GA75619@HAL9000.homeunix.com>, David Schultz writes:
>
> >But since you just ripped out the debugging stuff for the radix
> >tree bitmap, I'm guessing that your plan is to replace the bitmap
> >with something else within the next few days anyway...
>
> I actually do not plan on replacing the radix code in this round.
> I want to see how it performs before I vote it out.  I don't currently
> see any resource managers in the kernel which obviously would do
> a better job.

So why has the debugging support for the radix tree bitmaps been
removed, then?

> >Can you please describe how the interface between ccd(4) and the
> >swap subsystem will work?  I like this idea, but it isn't
> >immediately obvious how you plan to implement striping based on
> >load and dynamic addition and removal of swap space.
>
> 	ccdconfig -c ccd0 128 0 /dev/da0b /dev/da1b /dev/da2b
> 	swapon /dev/ccd0

That's what I thought, but the swap subsystem just sees one big
virtual disk, and I now add /dev/da3b, how will the new space be
interleaved with the existing space?  How is it possible to
support anything other than fixed interleave in this model?