Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:01:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        Vladimir Kushnir <volodya@mail.kar.net>
Cc:        Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>, Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/isa isa_common.c

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:

> > > I've been working on a driver which would support the 'legacy' (i.e.
> > > soundblaster compatible) section of the chip. This would support playback
> > > but not record but its better than nothing. At this stage, I have it
> > > mostly working but no sound yet (probably a mixer problem).
> >
> > Really? Cool!
> >
> > I've tried the same thing, and through a series of ugly hacks, got the SB
> > Pro bits to probe and attach correctly (and if you set the SBPro version
> > to 3.x or whatever the latest version is, you get a mixer device).  Sadly
> > I couldn't get any sound out of it (mpg123 set to 8bit mode..).
> > Although, I'm not too sure how useful 8bit sound would really be.
> >
> > - alex
> >

> Better than nothing, wouldn't it?
> Could I help with it somehow? (With my, unfortunately, practically
> nonexistent programmer's skill but with a huuuuge willingness to test
> anything to make my card sound :-)

  As drivers start shaping up, take a second and mention them on the BSD
Driver Database (http://www.posi.net/freebsd/drivers/) so others who are
interested can track your progress (and maybe help out). Thanks,

  Kelly

--
Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@posi.net  -  Richmond, VA
Director of Technical Services, ALC Communications  http://www.alcnet.com/