Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 15:22:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        questions list FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   oops: scotty & tkined, ports of latest versions?

Subject: scotty & tkined, ports of latest versions?

> Howdy,
> I'm trying to build the latest versions of scotty and tkined.  Has anyone
> already done a port?   Scotty 2.0.2 and tkined 1.3.4 .
>
> I built and installed tcl4.7 and tk4.0... seemed to go OK.
> With some messing - mostly making a few symbollic links - I was able
> to get scotty to compile, but when I execute it I get the following:
>
>        ld.so: scotty: libX11.so.6.0: Undefined error: 0
>
> My guess is that I've got something messed up with my shared library stuff.

Okay okay... my bad.  I did a reboot and now everything works fine.
Tkined seems to work fine, even.  Any tkined users out there?

I've had trouble with this shared library stuff before.  What is the proper
thing to do when installing something that creates a new shared lib?  I
thought running ldconfig on the directory was supposed to make everything
ship-shape.  I always end up rebooting, which seems a bit drastic.

Thanks,
---
  Charles Owens					 Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X