Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:04:36 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Christian Fortin <cfortin@ec.camitel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, sales@cyclades.com
Subject:   RE: sync card?

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Christian Fortin wrote:

> We use Cyclades 16y,

The Cyclades is ASYNCHRONOUS, not SYNCHRONOUS.

> and the driver is not for eveay duty ISP.
> It work fine for terminal, but it's was not full proof for work with TUN.
> I try to have some kind of support, but the driver is not made by Cyclades
> And they dont take the responsability to support it.
> The companie have a full support for Linux but not for FreeBSD.

Sadly, it is true that Cyclades supports Linux but not FreeBSD, but I
found there was plenty of support from FreeBSD-isp, FreeBSD-hackers.

> We plan to buy some others boards, If you have some experience with your
> driver/supplyer/PPP

Well, you can also try the Stallion boards, but before you ditch Cyclades
note well that the Linux drivers for Cyclades are add-ons supplied by
Cyclades; the FreeBSD driver is ***integrated into the FreeBSD kernel***.
This is why you need to ask FreeBSD people about the driver, not
Cyclades Inc.

I have found the Cyclades cards to work well, without much fuss, except
for some CLOCAL problems.  What problems did you experience?

Danny