Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2012 08:42:01 +0100
From:      David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD development audio system: KLANG

On 13 Aug 2012, at 07:57, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:

> 1. It's targeted at fixing Linux bugs, not FreeBSD ones. FreeBSD sound =
system had in-kernel virtual channel mixing support for years.

I found this to be the major issue.  There were very few things on the =
list that weren't already supported by the FreeBSD sound system (which, =
before the last major rewrite, was the reason I switched to FreeBSD in =
the first place, and is now an amazing piece of work) and the few =
remaining things would be better added incrementally, rather than by =
throwing everything away and starting again.  Unless, of course, the =
project is to improve a few bits of the FreeBSD sound subsystem and then =
port it to Linux...

David=