Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 97 10:19:28 +0800
From:      "Ronald Wiplinger" <ronald@trace.com.tw>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.org" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Unexpected signal 11 caught! That's bad!..

Hi,

I have got the Walnut Creek CDROM and tried to install, but the CD driv is not supported.

2. choice was to mount the CD on the Linux box and try t use NFS installation. There I get a

"Couldn't extract the following distributions. This may be because they were not available on the
installation media you have choosen:
 bin doc games manpages catpages profiles dict inf compat1x compat20 compat21"

Isn't that the entire system ;-)
The cdrom is on Linux mounted as /cdrom and used  it via nfs at linkou.trace.com.tw/cdrom

Maybe the path is wrong.

3. Try
ftp to Taiwan ftp site. Here it downloads a lots of things and hangs than at:
Unable to transfer the X329GAN distributino from ftp://ftp2.tw.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

It does not matter if I answer yes or no (Yes I made this excercise already several times), the system
does not show me any new picture. ALT-F2 shows me messages:

DEBUG: Unexpected signal 11 caught! That's bad!..

Well, it IS bad!, but what is the reason for it or how to fix it.

4. I do not give up (yet) and try to use ftp to the CDROM, no luck at all.

5. Last and slowlest try, which I certainly have to quit, ftp to ftp.freebsd.org (0.2 KB/sec.)

If you have any suggestion, solutions, please do not forget to hit the button

REPLY

(yet).

bye

Ronald

....  for more information use:

*   http://www.trace.com.tw          *   gopher://gopher.trace.com.tw
*   ftp://ftp.trace.com.tw           *   telnet://bbs.trace.com.tw
*   sticky:  Ronald  gate.trace.com.tw  (the very fast way to reach me)
*   for talk, InterCom (picture phone) ronald@gate.trace.com.tw
*   Tel: +886 2 609-0652, Fax: +886 2 600-0132, NET: +886 2 600-2318

Ronald Wiplinger    [Taipei, 24h online]