Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:36:49 +0100 (CET)
From:      BOUWSMA Beery <freebsd-user@dcf77-zeit.netscum.dyndns.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   message regurgitation from bestweb.net, not me...

In case anyone else hasn't figured out why you're seeing a few old
messages, it looks like there's a mailer at bestweb.net that's
re-sending the mails it has queued up but using the `To:' header
field for the new recipient, so that mails from several days ago
are appearing again.  It's not me and others forgetting and resending
old mails.  Here's a second copy of a message someone sent me:

Feb 12 08:09:40 dastardly sendmail[277]: g1C79dU00277: from=<root@bestweb.net>,
size=1169, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<20020212021257.B578E9F01E@okeeffe.bestweb.n
et>, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=newman2.bestweb.net [209.94.102.67]

Note that the messages sent to the list have a different msgid than the
originals and are all ...@okeeffe.bestweb.net> .

I read this list via usenet, so here's relevant headers from a post
that ``I'' just made: