Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 21:07:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: URGENT (?) booting from CD on Atapi

Tom once stated:

=On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
=
=> Tom once stated:
=>
=> =On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
=> =
=> => A machine with SCSI disks and an ATAPI CD-ROM (no IDE disks) would
=> => not boot from 3.3  CD if the SCSI disks are  online. It would say:
=> => "Read  Error" on  the  upper left  of the  screen  -- where  you'd
=> => normally see the spinning dash. I  suspect, this is a loader's bug
=> => :(, which may make it to 3.4 ...
=> =
=> =  Don't see a problem with that here.  I just booted the 3.3-R CD on
=> =an ATAPI CD ROM with no other IDE devices, and everything was fine.
=>
=> Do you have SCSI disks online at the boot time?
=
=  Yes.

Lucky you...  Are the SCSI  disks otherwise bootable?  Is the CD  on the
primary or the secondary IDE channel?

	-mi