Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 97 09:07:25 -0400
From:      Stephen Board <boards@toogoodoo.nosc.mil>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about Compaq LTE 5300 notebook

Hello all,

I have a Compaq LTE 5300 notebook.  I have installed FreeBSD 2.1.7 from the WC CD distribution.  I am having a few problems.

1.  What mouse device do I need to use to get the "J-stick" pointing device to work?  All that I have tried do not seem to work.

2.  What type of X settings do I need to use?  I have tried using VGA16 and SVGA defining the chipset I have (Cirrus Logic GD7543) and it doesn't want to work.  Sometimes when I try to use Xconfig to modify the settings, the machine reboots.  Nice feature hey?

3.  Small problem.  Only 16M of RAM is recognized at bootup.  Is this just a kernel rebuild?

If anyone has had experiences with one of thes (or similar notebook) and can give some pointers, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch...

Stephen
---

Stephen Board