Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:11:33 -0400
From:      "Jerry Bell" <jerry@reillyplating.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   trafshow + lp0 causes system lock up

Having successfully connected two FreeBSD boxes via parrellel port, I tried
running trafshow -i lp0 to look at throughput.  If trafshow is started
before sending any data, there is no problem, trafshow just reports
nothing.  But if trafshow is started while a transmission is in progress,
the whole system locks up and has to be rebooted.  This is a minor issue in
the scheme of things, but I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong, or if
it is a know problem.

The hardware is pretty standard; 6x86 box connected to a 5x86 box, both
running -stable (from two weeks ago).  Both boxes and trafshow behave
normally otherwise.

Thanks

Jerry
jerry@reillyplating.com