Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:00:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        Patrik Sundberg <ps@radiac.mine.nu>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: valgrind

I'm working on porting this right now.

Be forewarned, though, that the FreeBSD hacks for this tool will
*never* be allowed into the main distro.  Why?  Licence.  Valgrind
includes some code from the Linux kernel and libc.  When we hack it for
FreeBSD, we'll end up putting some BSD-licenced code into a GPL
product.  Obviously, this will cause problems.

Afaik, the patches can remain part of the ports tree without problems.

--=20
Matthew Emmerton      || matt@gsicomp.on.ca
GSI Computer Services || http://www.gsicomp.on.ca