Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 1999 10:56:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   de0 strangenesses

On a 3.0-current of October 1998 I'm having often trouble with de0.
The machine often reboots over night (when either the locate db is built or
some other big job - like mirror - is running). Anyway, after the reboot,
often de0 is dead.

This happend today again. When I came into the office I could not
ping said machine. I sat at the console, logged in. The machine was
perfectly alive, only the de0 interface didn't work at the BNC network.

I did a ifconfig de0 down and exactly with doing that I got a kernel message
from the driver: de0 BNC interface enabled (or something like that).
Doing an ifconfig de0 up right after that the interface continued working
at the BNC port.

Can the driver writer(s) comment whether there have been changes to the driver
WRT that behaviour so I can expect that with either 3.2 or -current
the problem would be gone?