Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 2008 05:44:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nash Nipples <trashy_bumper@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vinum for hard disk drive balanced load sharing configuration example RAID-5

Dear Listmates,

Is it possible to configure vinum for balancing the mileage between two and three non-volatile storage devices of a different size

I have read the manual thoroughly and noticed that the are certain restrictions applied to the hard drive sizes in the proposed RAID5 data handling implementation

A fact of use of the plexes as structural entinties make me wonder why would the size of an actual hard drive make a difference to the actual i/o layer when plexes are even and the subdisks sizes are even why not just i/o consequently

Can someone please provide me with a working example of a RAID5 configuration

Sincerely

Nash