Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2005 20:43:25 -0600
From:      "Dave ." <endir@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   gbde init -f

Greetings,

i am trying to setup GBDE to use a file for decryption and i am running into
some problems. i think i have the syntax down correctly, because if i use a
pretty generic ascii file with only a few standard characters--it'll work.
If i try and use, anything with a lot of characters or, ideally, random
data--then i get a core dump before the password input for creating the lock
file. i am cuerous if the -f function is known to be stable or not? I have
tried this with an updated 5_3 and from an install cd of 5.4-beta1. both
provide the same results.

Would the fact that this is an SMP system effect it? (i have tried it with
SMP builtinto the kernel and without SMP, again, same results)

this is my input, and it'll crash just after i enter this:
gbde init /dev/ad0s3d -i -f /file/namehere

"I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus doing something very
stupid, and I decided to go ahead anyway." -MST3k