Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 2014 09:52:09 +0100
From:      Kamil Szczesny <mailto.kamils@gmail.com>
To:        xfce@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   x11/libxfce4util with unset option NLS results in GNU gettext tools not found

Hello,

I'm applying devel/poudriere on a 10.1-RELEASE to build packages for my
desktop.
Important for this is that I have unset the option NLS in my
corresponding /etc/make.conf.
During package build I noticed the following configure error in
x11/libxfce4util, which is required by x11-fm/thunar:

checking for xgettext... no
checking for msgmerge... no
checking for msgfmt... no
checking for gmsgfmt... no
configure: error: GNU gettext tools not found; required for intltool
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

Is there a clean way to fix this, when NLS is unset?
Currently, I can fix this with
  USES+=	gettext-tools

Any help is appreciated.
Oh, this configure error also happens for example in devel/geany.