Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:33:02 -0600
From:      "Jeff Vehrs"<JWVEHRS@hewitt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Get dynamic IP address from DHCP server on the net?

Hi - I'd like to know how can I "tell" my fbsd box to get a dynamic IP
address from the DHCP server on the net? I've already installed
wide-dhcp-1.4.0p1 from the package stable. I've added "pseudo-device
bpfilter  4" to the kernel and created /dev/bpf[0-3]. Then, I added 3 IP
addresses of DHCP server in /etc/resolv.conf ==> xx.xx.xx.xx. Should I
added "nameserver" to ip address?

My goal is to have fbsd box as my "workstation" on the Novell net. I know
there is no Novell client out there for fbsd. :-(

I wish there is fbsd user group in Chicago area. So, I can speed up my
learning curve!! Geez.

Thanks for your help.

Happy Holidays!

-- Jeff