Date:      17 Feb 2002 14:12:11 +0100
From:      Cyril Guibourg <dave.null@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   MIDI UART & ES137x, guidance needed

Hello,

I'm trying to get UART MIDI to work on a SB128 PCI without success. My
understanding is that the es137x driver does not have the code for this
feature. I run -current.

If not wrong, here are my questions:

- is there some comprehensive doc about newmidi ? The only doc I've found
is on Seigo Tanimura's BSD members pages, it seems he's got so busy that he
never had a chance to finish it.

- does it make sense to create separate es137x midi & pcm drivers as it is
done  for csa or should I better add midi I/O directly into the existing
one ?

Any help very much appreciated.