Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 18:44:20 -0700
From:      Anthony D Fleisher <fleisher@mind.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP! Unable to boot

Hello,

I have a FreeBSD2.1 machine that we recently upgraded to a 486-133VL
motherboard, and am unable to get FreeBSD to boot.

I am using a BusLogic BT-445C VL scsi adapter with 2 scsi disks.
This configuration worked just fine on our previous motherboard, but after
switching to the new one, the kernel refuses to boot.
(Tried 2 customized kernels, as well as the boot.flp with same result)

It hangs on:
Waiting for scsi devices to settle

Is this a problem with motherboard bios configuration?
I have tried disable both internal and external cache, but nothing seems to
affect this problem.

Does anyone know what could cause this problem?  I have been able to boot to
DOS from a boot disk with no problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony Fleisher                     InfoStructure
fleisher@mind.net                    611 Siskiyou Blvd.
voice:541-488-1962 fax:541-488-7599  Ashland OR 97520