Date:      Mon, 9 May 2005 16:56:52 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
Subject:   Re: port: vmware... can not fetch.

--nextPart5607771.iOss6OU0rS

On Monday, 9. May 2005 16:37, Eric Schuele wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to install vmware3, and got an error stating it could not
> fetch the tar from any of the sites.  Is there anywhere I can manually
> fetch it from?

No, the port is mostly targeted at owners of VMware 3 these days.

> Also on a side note.... will I need to purchase a license of any sort to
> use it?

Yes, however, VMware doesn't offer licenses for VMware 3 anymore. So if you=
=20
don't already have a VMware 3 box lying around somewhere, this port probabl=
y=20
isn't of much use to you.

There are no ports for more recent versions of VMware because the FreeBSD=20
linux binary compatibility cannot run them properly.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org