Date:      Sat, 09 Jan 1999 12:28:00 -0600
From:      Mark Kobussen <skjellyfetti@iname.com>
To:        Dan Shebunin <daktaklakpak@mtu-net.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with IDE CD-ROM under FreeBSD

> Hi! And excuse me about my poor English.

Don't worry about it. =) Nothing wrong with learning another language!

> Here is my problem:
> I have IDE CD installed as master on secondary IDE controller.
> Sys messages during system boot phase:
> ---<cut>---
>     wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <OTI-SCYLLA, v1.32>, removable, intr, iordy
>     atapi1.0: unknown phase
> ---<cut>---

I'm just a newbie - so it's a possibility that I could be horrendously
wrong.  But to try:

#mount_cd9660 /dev/wdc1 /cdrom

Notice the sys message during boot: wdc1. Looks like you're trying to
mount the CD drive on the primary IDE controller.

There is probably a way to fix it so that it recognizes wdc1 by using
#mount /cdrom, but the only way I can think of is by adding an alias.

Oh, and don't worry about the unknown phase message. My CD-ROM reports
that at boot-up as well, although I have no problems mounting it using
#mount /cdrom.  It's also an IDE drive, except mounted on the primary
EIDE controller as a slave.

--
Mark Kobussen
IS - Honeywell, SGP Division

/* '94 Mitsubishi Eclipse NT 1.8L */
/* Fender Stratocaster: Tex-Mex, 3-Tone Sunburst */