Date:      10 Sep 1998 08:23:46 -0400
From:      Rajappa Iyer <rsi@lucent.com>
To:        Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop address acquisition, static/dynamic, home/work

Chris Shenton <cshenton@uucom.com> writes:

> I'm tired of manually changing the IP, name, defaultroute, and
> resolv.conf when I drag it between home (static IP) and work
> (corporate DHCP, I manually assign).  I guess I could build a DHCP
> client for the laptop and set up DHCP at home, but was looking for a
> simpler solution.

I've always felt that FreeBSD should have the equivalent of "cardctl
scheme <schemename>" in Linux which lets you switch between different
network configuration.  It basically calls the network init script
with the schemename and you could set up your params based on
that. Once, many moons ago, I started on hacking up something like
that, but it sorta fell by the wayside and I never worked up the
energy to look at it again.  Maybe I should, unless anyone knows of
anything equivalent which already exists.

Regards,
Rajappa
--
Rajappa Iyer <rsi@lucent.com>		#include <std_disclaimer.h>
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.