Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 17:46:01 -0500
From:      dob@clipper.cb.att.com
To:        current@freefall.freebsd.org, freebsd-current-digest@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PANIC: vm_fork: u_map allocation failure

> I've had one hard hang (press reset button) and one reboot (panic?, no dump,
> sorry).  Both while remaking world and fiddling with the modem (ppp on reboot
> and minicom on hang).  I've since setup to take dump if panic.
>
> This AM am redoing make world while having a memory pressure cooker running
> (malloc bunch, touch bunch, free bunch).

Added "find / -print" to workload mix.

> Did get one error message on console/log when I logged in with all this mess
> running:
>
> Mar 10 09:25:33 llama /kernel: vnode_pager_putpages: attempt to write meta-data!!! -- 0xffffffe9(ff)

System paniced after a few hours.  It was unattended so didn't get exact time.

PANIC: vm_fork: u_map allocation failed.

> If I get a dump will let you know.

It said it was dumping, but it didn't seem to finish.  Had to poke reset
button to restart.  Savecore didn't find a core file.  Sorry.

Hope this helps.

Dan O'Brien
Lucent Technologies (Bell Labs Innovations)