Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 02:14:34 -0800
From:      obrien@NUXI.com (David E. O'Brien)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interest in large collection of Lisp/Scheme implementations?

Martin Cracauer writes:
> I have been maintaining almost every free Lisp and Scheme system on my
> NetBSD/i386 machine for several years now.
>
> I'm moving my work to FreeBSD and I wonder if there is interest that I
> take the extra effort and make proper FreeBSD ports/packages of all
> these.

I'd say so -- especially for students.  You never know who needs a
specific Lisp implimentation.  For instance, I have a friend at UCD that
I installed FreeBSD so they would work at home rather than the over
crowded (and SLOW) undergrad lab.  They had a project to do in Lisp, and
Clisp was what was installed on the lab machines.  FBSD only has GCL (GNU
Common Lisp) as a port.  It would have been nice to have also had Clisp,
especially since each Lisp system seems to be a unique dialect.

--
-- David    (obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)