Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2017 08:44:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
To:        Meny Yossefi <menyy@mellanox.com>
Cc:        "rgrimes@FreeBSD.org" <rgrimes@FreeBSD.org>, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu>, "doc@FreeBSD.org" <doc@FreeBSD.org>, "re@FreeBSD.org" <re@FreeBSD.org>, Hans Petter Selasky <hanss@mellanox.com>
Subject:   Re: Mellanox as an HW vendor in FreeBSD 9.x (and above) HW notes

> We have man page for mlx5en on FreeBSD 10.x, 11.x and 12.x
> We also have mlx4en and mlx4ib on 12.x
fb-srv-nas1.dnsmgr.net:root {1005}# man mlx4ib
No manual entry for mlx4ib
fb-srv-nas1.dnsmgr.net:root {1006}# uname -a
FreeBSD fb-srv-nas1.dnsmgr.net 12.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #0 r309361: Thu Dec 22 15:00:44 UTC 2016     root@fb-bld-amd64-current.dnsmgr.net:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/CUSTOMAMD64NAS  amd64
Is mlx4ib a recent addition ??

> We'll work on adding the missing man pages.

That would be wonderful.

> What would be the next step?

Insure that your manual pages have the section that man2hwnotes.pl is looking for.
I do see what looks correct in mlx4en.4.

I think I spotted one problem, much of the infiniband stuff is not built or
installed on a system unless WITH_OFED is defined,

It could be that since Infiniband does not work out of the box without
a buildworld that these items have been opted out of the release notes.
I do see that mlx4.ko mlx4en.ko mlx5.ko mlx5en.ko are built on a -current
system, so those should show up in the hardware list.

The others (mlx4ib, mthca) are hidden behind a MAKE_OFED.

As someone else stated a patch to release/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/hardware/article.xml
adding the hwlist.<drivername> entries well be needed.