Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:18:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      Scott Pilz <scottp@tznet.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hardware remedies

 	I'm looking for advise on hardware, what works good, what doesn't,
what to stay away from, and what has been proven efficient.

 	We currently run a load of Dell PowerEdges, which work great, but
are limited in their i386 nature. I would like to get a few HP/Alpha
machines, and start building up on these instead of sticking with i386.

 	HP offers very little information on FreeBSD. They have a working
demo on two older systems (only one is Alpha, and it's slow - very very
slow, and old). HP cannot tell me what will or will not work.

 	I'm curious as to what others are running (HP or non-HP) for
Alpha. What has worked good in a server environment?

 	Thanks!

 	Scott

(please respond directly to me, as I'm not on this list)