Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:31:13 +0200
From:      Michel Talon <michel@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (long) multiple queries about 4.0 on Sony 505HS

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 03:03:31PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
> > and Yes, I can change the mixer values:
> >
> > Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
> > Mixer synth    is currently set to  75:56
> > Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
> > Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
> > Mixer mic      is currently set to  75:75
> > Mixer cd       is currently set to  90:90
> >
> > and No, it does not generate sound.

If this is like in my Dell Inspiron 3500, i have to put
mixer pcm 100:100
before being able to get audible sound from the speakers. Here also
it is in SoundBlaster emulation mode under FreeBSD 3.3+PAO. Hope i will soon
upgrade to 4.0 to have full recognition of the soundcard. I have booted the
iso image, seems that there is no error showing up.

--
Michel Talon