Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:34:59 +0100
From:      AngryWolf <angrywolf@flashmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FIXED] No boot messages after upgrading to 7.0-BETA2

Hi,

On Saturday 10 November 2007 14.28.05 Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
> For now, i have no good idea to solve your problems. But, i can give you
> another hint. Actually i think that you might be some wrong point on
> upgrading your machine. Can you please study following reference?
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-November/162187.h
>tml

You were right, I guess, I followed every steps of that guide, and now it
works great! I can see all boot messages again.

I can't tell what the problem was, but I know that both `mergemaster -p' and
`mergemaster' still did some work on my system, furthermore, `make
delete-old` and `make delete-old-libs' where totally missing from the howto I
originally used.

On Saturday 10 November 2007 15.54.40 Henri Hennebert wrote:
> Just a thought, are you using a serial console, have you a /boot.config
> file?

I don't know where it could be set to use a serial console, I can only tell
that I used a GENERIC kernel configuration with the addition of `device
atapicam', and I have no /boot.config file.

Thanks both of you for the help!

--
AngryWolf
angrywolf@flashmail.com