Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:16:58 -0400
From:      Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>
To:        ashley thomas <athomas@unity.ncsu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Single processor !!

Hi Ashley. I've heard that the most recent versions of FreeBSD=20
run on multiple processors. I think the limit is 16 processors.=20
Linux also runs on multiprocessors, but the stock kernel that=20
comes with most Linux distros is a uniprocessor kernel. If you=20
want SMP on Linux you'd have to build your own kernel. Same=20
with FreeBSD, AFAIK.

--=20
Matthew Graybosch
http://www.starbreaker.net