Date:      28 Jan 2003 12:31:00 -0900
From:      Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ccd problem

I'm trying to setup raid 0 between two 80 gig drives using ccd but it's
not working. Here is the setup.

1. two 80 gig drives
2. Both on a Promise ultra 66 card
3. System disk is separate

According to the FreeBSD hand book you need to run disklabel to give the
disk a lable and to change the partition typ to 4.2BSD. I tried running
disklabel but it tells me that it can't preforme either operation.

It's almost like I don't have access to the drives when I use disklabel.
I can format and partition both drives when I use /stand/sysinstall.

If anyone knows what's going on here I'd apretiate the help.