Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 00:52:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Success: Quake 3 DemoTest under FreeBSD with RIVA TNT too

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Marc van Woerkom wrote:

>The GLX from the XFree86 3.9.x snapshots is from SGI and has nothing to do
>with the implementation by the openprojects.net team.

Ahh, I did not know that.

>My guess is that G200 software rendering is simply a bit faster than the
>mystique's one.

Hmm I am not sure if it is doing it in hardware or not, but I assumed it
was because the rendering would completely stop when the window being
displayed by the myst.  Perhaps that GLX was only doing it in software,
and only for the G200.

>> Anyone know if G400 is supported at least as well in any aspects?
>> (GLX and dualhead support)
>
>The openprojects glx is supporting the G400 Warp core. (No, I am
>not talking trekese here)

Ahh more good news.  I look forward to being able to afford new computer
parts :)