Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 12:41:31 -0600
From:      mdickerson@officeonweb.net
To:        John Michelini <mick3@ibm.net>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seeking Mutt/Sendmail documentation

John,

I use a mutt, sendmail, fetchmail(needs python installed - unless your ISP
automagically relays your mail to your machine, you might need this too)
combo with my ISP. It works quite well. You will probably need to make a
few minor changes to /etc/sendmail.cf (like perhaps a smart relay host and
a domain alias). At least, those were the only changes I needed :).

Also, IMHO mutt is much (MUCH) nicer than Pine (I don't care for pico either).

Mike Dickerson

At 08:22 PM 7/7/00 -0700, John Michelini wrote:
>  Hi there,   I am a little confused about how to configure E-mail for BSD
3.2.  IBM is my ISP, and I have read a great deal about mutt and sendmail;
I guess sendmail is the engine to the mutt interface--the two work
together.  I would like to find more detailed info on how to get this
functioning.    My sources are Unix Power Tools and The Complete FreeBSD