Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:46:21 +0100
From:      Johan Karlsson <k@numeri.campus.luth.se>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org, Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Subject:   Re: [fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru: Re: thread-safe realpath]

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 21:22 (+0600) +0000, Max Khon wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 03:38:21AM +0600, Max Khon wrote:
>
> > Constantin Svintsoff has submitted thread-safe realpath() implementation
> > (implementation that does not use chdir(2)).
> > The implementation is feature-compatible with FreeBSD implementation, i.e.
> > if the last component of specified path can't be stat'ed and there is no
> > trailing slash, realpath succeeds.
> >
> > I fixed a couple of bugs in it and would like to commit it to HEAD
> > if there will be no objections.
> >
> > Test program is attached. The test simply creates two threads and calls
> > realpath() in each. If the test is compiled with truepath() #if-0'ed
> > one of the assertions fail after some time (you may need to increase
> > number of iterations if you have very fast machine, mine is Athlon 850).
> >
> > Any comments are highly appreciated.

How does this affect PR 12244?
I've sent a patch to -audit for review a month ago and I'm about
to commit that (just doing a final make universe).
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=0+0+archive/2003/freebsd-audit/20030209.freebsd-audit

/Johan K

--
Johan Karlsson		mailto:k@numeri.campus.luth.se