Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:22:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        steinyv <steinyv@skyweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Symbios 53C875j

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, steinyv wrote:

> At 03:38 PM 7/27/00 , you wrote:
> >On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, steinyv wrote:
> >
> > > Im still having a problem installing 4.0, 4.1 with this card on some of my
> > > motherboards.  I cant get passed the section where scsi devices has to
> > > settle.......
> >
> >We need more details.  Show exact console output, give a detailed
> >hardware description, etc.
>
> >SCSI BUS RESET DETECTED
> >PCI STATUS  : 0X8100
> >(0/5) @ (SCRIPT 48:F33100004)
> >SYM0 REGDUMP : CA 00 00 05 47 00 00 0E 00 08 00 00 08 00 08 02 00 70 E3 03

Possibly a misbehaving device, bad cable, or bad termination.  Make
sure termination is correct and the cable is good, and if that doesn't
solve the problem, start removing SCSI devices one by one until the
problem goes away.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )