Date:      Wed, 05 Jan 2000 18:26:01 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Andy Sparrow <andy@geek4food.org>
Cc:        Tim Pozar <pozar@lns.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: an FXTV suggestion

> There's even a 'videocapture.c' written by one Amancio Hasty in
> there under the 'webcam' directory that appears to take periodic
> snapshots in JPEG format... :=)

Boy , you guys are tricky!

Glad that you found the app!!

I will be back this way later on this week  to see how can
I help the group.  We need to grow a fun and
exciting development environ and keep it that way.
I would start by having a multimedia web page
for the top ten most desired apps and then somehow
provide the environment for the developers to gather
together to hash out the solutions. If anyone wants to
take the lead on this is fine by my . Just start with
a very simple web page whose support is directly
proportional to the interest that the group exerts and
the willingnes of the programmers to support it.

For sure , developers need to know what users
want and of course users should be awared of
what developers are working on .

Right now I am too busy with yuv->rgb
+ scaling support in X .  Guess what I got mpeg_play
to do just that and my old funky video capture program,tv,
can now use Xv + scaling so we can now display
full screen video without changing display resolution.

	Have Fun Guys!

--

 Amancio Hasty
 hasty@rah.star-gate.com