Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2019 11:00:22 +0200
From:      Roger Pau =?iso-8859-1?Q?Monn=E9?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
To:        Stefan Parvu <sparvu@kronometrix.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cannot install FreeBSD 12.0 Xen 4.12.1 on Intel Core i7 CPU 930

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 11:49:50AM +0300, Stefan Parvu wrote:
> > Can you please provide the full boot log? I'm afraid that I'm not able
> > to provide any suggestions without knowing what went wrong.
>
> In BIOS everything regarding virtualization is turned ON.
>
> How can I provide the full boot log if my machine is rebooting itself …
> and have no access to the files? Im not able to control how can I boot again.
> I usually need to reinstall everything from scratch.

Could you setup a serial console in order to get the boot log?

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-xen.html

If your box doesn't have a serial header, you can add noreboot to
xen_cmdline and paste a photo of the screen with the panic message,
it's not great but at least we would get an idea of what's wrong.

> Is there any way to configure the boot loader and boot with or without Xen kernel ?

Yes, when you are at the bootloader screen press '3', and then type:

> unload
> unset xen_kernel
> boot

That would make your box boot into plain FreeBSD without Xen.

Roger.