Date:      21 Dec 2001 23:06:28 +0100
From:      Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
Subject:   Ports not building!

Hi all

I'm getting mad. The ports system is not working... I've updated today
all my system to see if it was because a broken build, but wrong. I'm
now with 4.5-PRERELEASE and with a clean checkout of the ports tree.

And, when I try to build _any_ port, I got the following errors (the
example from emacs20):

-----
klamath# make build (all the configuration is already done)
===>  Building for emacs-20.7_1
/bin/rm -rf /usr/obj/usr/ports/editors/emacs20/work/emacs-20.7/info/*
/usr/ports/editors/emacs20/Makefile:26: *** missing separator.  Stop.
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/emacs20.
*** Error code 1
-----

I've checked the make binary, that is in place (/usr/bin), and it
works, cos I've been able to do a make world. And the gnu make binary is
in /usr/local/bin, with gmake name. Very strange. I can't imagine where
the problem is coming from.

First, I though the problem came from a broken build of the -stable branch
because after it, no more ports compiled. But now, that I've redone the
built, it still happens.

Maybe I have a corrupted configuration file? Which one would be?

Do you have any idea?

ANY help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

--
La ignorancia es la felicidad.

Julio Merino (Slink) <juli@merino.net>