Date:      Wed, 4 Jul 2001 11:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Antonio M D'souza" <quikchange@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/28698: Sawfish Makefile breaks when running configure

The following reply was made to PR ports/28698; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Antonio M D'souza" <quikchange@yahoo.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 14:12:15 -0400

 This line:
  > sawfish-gnome-0.99 depends on shared library: rep.10 - found
 was actually a Bad Thing on my part.
 That was from the pre-install script for rep-gtk-gnome not sawfish.

 Anyway, upon further investigation, I have tracked down the problem.
 I'm not quite sure how to elegantly work around it though.
 sawfish looks for the existance of this file:
 /usr/X11R6/libexec/rep/i386--freebsd4.3/gtk.so
 ...but it does not exist on my system so it decides to install
 rep-gtk-gnome, which does not solve anything for me.

 The problem originates from the fact that I installed the system as
 FreeBSD 4.2 then upgraded to 4.3 later.
 However, this directory:
 /usr/X11R6/libexec/rep/i386--freebsd4.3
 ...does not exists as it has one with a trailing 4.2 instead.
 Rebuilding and reinstalling rep-gtk-gnome did not create the appropriate
 directory either.

 --
 Antonio M. D'souza
 725-8002