Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 00:42:47 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: turning off rcmd is premature

In message <14823.28544.576629.49007@onceler.kciLink.com> Vivek Khera writes:
: From where I sit, at least one more thing needs to be updated to allow
: using ssh before rcmd can be turned off.  That is rmt.  As it
: stands, new installs by default will not be able to do remote dumps
: properly until rshd is enabled in both inetd.conf and pam.conf.  If
: rmt supported ssh as a transport (apparently OpenBSD's version does),
: then it would make sense to turn off rshd totally.

I'll have to commit my port of the OpenBSD stuff to -current.

I agree that the MFC might have been a bit premature, but am not
enough annoyed by it myself to ask for it to be reverted.

Warner