Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:25:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Talkington <dtalk@prairienet.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup volume?

G'day --

I have a fast connection at the office, a miserably slow modem line at
home, and a laptop in between.  I have a complete source tree which I
sucked down at work and brought home on the laptop, and want to use it
to maintain a FBSD box at home.  I plan to use CVSup to maintain the
tree at home via the modem.  This will only be feasible if the weekly
volume of traffic via CVSup is reasonable (a couple of MB or so).  I
realize this is unpredictable, but how much traffic is typical, once
my tree is up to date?

I also have a (probably stupid) question.  I don't know how to find
out, in advance of the cvs checkout, what release tags are available
at that moment, if the latest has changed.  Greg's text gives
instructions for this, but it apparently presumes that I have access
to Makefile in src.  I have that now, having downloaded CURRENT,
but surely there's a way to check this before the download?

Thank you -d

 --
David Talkington
Community Networking Initiative