Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 12:38:51 +1100
From:      Carl Makin <carl@stagecraft.cx>
To:        Steve Roome <steve@sse0691.bri.hp.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xinerama + 2* MGA 2064W boards

Hi Steve,

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:11:44 +0100 steve@sse0691.bri.hp.com (Steve Roome)
wrote:

>I've got two Matrox Milleniums in this machine, its a dual processor
>(thought it should be dual head as well!) PPro 200.

I'm running XFree86 4.0.1 on 4.1-STABLE with two G200s in a Dell 2300 Dual
PIII/450 machine hooked to two 21 inch monitors.  It works very well in dual
headed mode. I've also had it working in Xinerama but I couldn't find any
window managers that supported xinerama in any sensible way. I'm currently
using Windowmaker in classic dual head mode with no problems.

>I've looked through this xinerama lark, but no matter what I do,
>it seems that when I start x with xinerama the machine comes to
>a grinding and complete standstill. Not even responsive to pings.

I've had that exact problem when trying to get my i810 at home working.  I
think it's related to the agp support.  What Matrox cards are you using and
are you loading the agp kernel module (or have it compiled into the kernel)?
I've given up on it for the moment.

Carl.