Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 97 11:43:55 +0000
From:      "Dmitry Nikolayev" <dim@gw.mgsu.msk.su>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Still can't build my kernel.

      Hi.

      Thank you all for your responds, despite the fact that you've
      just advised me to RTFM :]. But it seems that I am the one to
      blame - I did not give full enough discription of the case.
      So, here goes...

      I'm not bold enough to do something more or less serious without
      getting at least a couple of words about the subject. Of course,
      I've read the manuals. "FreeBSD Handbook" and "FreeBSD FAQs",
      both from the http://www.freebsd.org. My FreeBSD version is
      1.1.5.1 (maybe there is something special in it?).

      I did the following:

            #cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
            #config MYKERNEL
            #cd /usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL
            #make depend
            #make                     (or)        #make all
            #make install
      Anything is Ok, except for this last command. It fails with:

            make: don't know how to make install. Stop

      I looked through ../compile/MYKERNEL/Makefile. It does not contain
      "install:" entry. Is it normal? Does "make" have to look for it
      somewhere else?

      I guess, that's all. Thanks for your help.

      Bye.
                                                             dn