Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:20:56 +0200
From:      Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
To:        Ivan Lee <ilee@juniper.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCTP in FreeBSD 5.x/current

Ivan Lee wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> I just happened to bump into one of your "old" e-mail you posted in 2004
> on porting of SCTP onto FreeBSD 5.x, the URL of which is:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2004-October/003068.html
>
> I was wondering if the porting of SCTP to FreeBSD 5.x has been complete.
> If it is, could please inform me which version of FreeBSD 5.X now
> supports SCTP, and where I could download it, such that I could test it
> in a PC environment prior to adding my application on top? Thank you in
> advance for your help.

SCTP will be integrated into FreeBSD 7-current in the next few weeks.
After that and some stabilization period it will most likely be backported
to FreeBSD 6-stable to show up with FreeBSD 6.3 Release next year.  It is
not planned to backport it to FreeBSD 5 as FreeBSD 6 is our maintained
stable for-production-use series.

You can find updated SCTP patches relative to FreeBSD 7-current on
http://www.sctp.org.

--
Andre