Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:31:05 +0100
From:      Nikolaj Thygesen <nikolaj.thygesen@diamondbox.dk>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkg_cutleaves - a bit too efficient

Hi list,

   In order to tighten up my fbsd installation I decided to try out
pkg_cutleaves. I wasn't really too worried, as I figured I could always
run portupgrade if I removed one package too many - and so I did it
appears. Portupgrade doesn't bring anything back though. I've tried
running pkgdb with a number of different parameters including -L and -F,
but nothing really does me any good. What can I do to make
ports/packages realize I'm in need of a few more packages??
   The particular symptom isn't too bad though. The background of my
Gnome desktop doesn't respond to mouse clicks, and my wallpaper is gone,
but still...

   br - Nikolaj