Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 00:21:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: URGENT (?) booting from CD on Atapi

Mike Smith once stated:

=> Ok... So this is a different  one, then... What information do I need
=> to provide for someone to be able to make a "work around" for _it_?
=
=It's not clear that you can; it's possible that your setup is just "too
=broken" for us.
=
=A good  start would be  to test  some other supposedly  bootable CDROMs
=(W96, NT4.0, RedHat 6.1) and see if they work.

No, I can not afford rebooting this box :( It is a "production" machine.
Only what I can  get during run-time. But it can boot  from the CDROM if
there are no disks attached.

Oh, yeah, the boot disk's SCSI id is set in the adapter's BIOS as 6, and
the second disk has the id 8...

	-mi