Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 15:48:11 -0400
From:      Bob Johnson <bob89@garbonzo.hos.ufl.edu>
To:        bmah@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RFC: Errata on CDROM installs (was Re: ATA Atapi 4.6 Release)

bmah@FreeBSD.org (Bruce A. Mah) wrote:

>If memory serves me right, Bob Johnson wrote:
>

>> I suggest adding something to explain that during install, you need
>> to hit alt-F2 to see the console messages.  People reading this are
>> likely to be inexperienced, else they would have already seen this
>> on -stable or -questions.
>
>OK.  At what point should they do this?

Hmm.  How to describe it?  As I recall, it's something like this:

If the installation hangs up copying chunk 1 of the /bin directory,
they probably have this problem, and can confirm it by pressing alt-F2
and looking for the console messages described in the errata.

I'm not near a system I can test it on now to make sure the details
are entirely accurate.

- Bob