Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 13:27:08 -0500
From:      Steve Price <steve@havk.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, olli@secnetix.de
Subject:   Re: The RELENG_4 (aka -stable) branch is now unfrozen

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 10:56:40AM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> I'd be interested to know how you go about splitting up the packages.

I'd be interested in looking at them as well.

> Steve Price does a great job, but even he'll be the first to admit
> that it needs to be a lot better automated. :)  We need to check

Actually they are completely automated right now.  After getting
the ports tree, the packages, and the distfiles copied into place
all I have to do is run a single command and sit back and wait.
I usually run it twice (faking the actual copy of distfiles/packages
the first time) to make sure nothing bad it going to happen when
I turn it loose for real.  It takes about 10 minutes worth of time
and a little over an hour of computation time.  The process could
get better or more robust, but I don't see how it could be much
easier.  It is certainly easier than the 8+ hours I used to spend
doing it. :)