Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 14:44:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@snafu.adept.org>
To:        "V. Keller" <vkeller@uswest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isp tutorials/dns, apache setup help?

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, V. Keller wrote:

>  Are there any tutorials,etc....for isp setup of dns,apache,etc? An example
> set of all dns files and records and instructions on tying multiplt ip's to
> the card would be extremely helpful.

DNS	 ==	http://www.isc.org/view.cgi?/products/BIND/index.phtml
Apache	 ==	http://www.freebsdzine.org/199902/features/vhosts.html
Sendmail ==	http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html

There's more, of course, both on the 'net and in books...  Search/look
around and you won't be disappointed.

As for 'typing' IPs to your NIC...  see 'man ifconfig'.  This works,

	# ifconfig <interface> alias <ip> netmask 255.255.255.255

I do this from a script, /usr/local/etc/rc.d/aliases.sh, so that the IPs
are bound on system startup.

>  Also, and advice for a beginner in setting up this stuff correctly. I'd
> rather hear of the particulars from you guys (and gals) than plodding thru
> and screwing up customers config's!

We're glad to help, unfortuneately, 'plodding thru' is the only real way
you'll learn, and remember...

Later,
--mike