Date:      Sat, 26 Aug 2000 00:46:16 +1000 (EST)
From:      andrew@ugh.net.au
To:        =?X-UNKNOWN?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ata ata-all.c ata-all.h ata-disk.c     ata-dma.c atapi-cd.c atapi-cd.hh

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, John Baldwin wrote:

> This breaks mounting of CD's with RockRidge extensions at least on
> -stable.

But I can now turn on dma for my HD. Previously it would produce the:

ad0: WRITE command timeout - resetting
ata0: resetting devices .. done

errors but now it seems to be working fine. Its only been a few hours but
I've given it a good work out. Relevant dmesg lines:

atapci0: <Intel PIIX3 ATA controller> port 0xecf0-0xecff at device 7.1 on
pci0
ata0: at 0x1f0 irq 14 on atapci0
ata1: at 0x170 irq 15 on atapci0
ad0: 3079MB <QUANTUM FIREBALL ST3.2A> [6256/16/63] at ata0-master using
WDMA2

Perhaps everyone else who was having problems should try turning DMA back
on and see if things are working again...the speed is wonderful!

Thanks for the fix,

Andrew