Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2012 06:48:31 -0500
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-gecko@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mail/thunderbird: build process is not restartable?

Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> on 26/06/2012 10:34 Jan Beich said the following:
>
>> Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org> writes:
>>
>> [...]
>>> `/usr/obj/ports/usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/comm-release/mozilla/xpcom/typelib/xpidl'
>>> gmake[7]: *** No rule to make target
>>> `../../../xpcom/idl-parser/cache/xpidllex.py', needed by `libs'.  Stop.
>>>
>>> $ find /usr/obj/ports/$PWD/work/comm-release -name xpidllex.py
>>> /usr/obj/ports//usr/ports/mail/thunderbird/work/comm-release/mozilla/xpcom/idl-parser/xpidllex.py
>>>

>> Does it happen on experimental branch, too? My builds restart just fine,
>> clang dies too often during compilation.
>>

> I am not using the experimental branch, so I don't know.

Ah, after testing what's in CVS the situation is really painful there.
It's likely fixed by OBJDIR_BUILD changes in experimental branch.

> Perhaps your build failures happen too early to run into this issue?..

They happen sporadically, just restarting build is enough for it to
succeed eventually. It's not that I care as long as clang produces
working code with -O3 -march=native.